Tuesday, May 04, 2010

New favourites

I went to Gusto da Gianni at Portside Wharf for lunch yesterday. I'd never been to Portside and didn't think I could leave Brisbane having never been. I'd always wanted to go to Gianni's in the city, but then it opened up at Portside so I thought I'd check it out there.

Best pasta I've ever had in my life! I had the linguine allo scoglio, which is just fresh seafood in olive oil with garlic, chilli and parsley. It was so tasty! Damien had the brodetto all' anconetana, which is seafood and fish in a tomato and basil broth, served in a terra cotta pot. He was kind enough to let me taste it and it was so yummy...

Damien's meal, which was so many kinds of awesome

My camera is on the fritz. It takes black pictures, which is not helpful. So the picture is pinched from the restaurant's website. We also shared mixed seafood cooked in light tempura batter to start, and I had a tiramisu to finish. All very wonderful.

Must. Go. Back.

No comments: