I had a great day yesterday where it was one of those days that things just seemed to work out right. I had finished analysing my exploratory data some time ago and having some preliminary results have kept me in better spirits for the last few weeks. I was ready to progress to the next stage of data collection, which is individual interviews and have been trying to get participants, which is always quite a challenge. I managed to organise my first interview for yesterday morning at Toowong Village and it went really well.
I caught the City Cat back to the office and just as I reached my desk, my phone rang and it was a lady asking if I wanted to interview her. The Wellness program put in a bit about my research, requesting for participants and she'd seen it there. We organised to meet later that afternoon - two in one day! Just as I put down the phone, I received an email from another lady saying she'd be happy to participate. Another interview scheduled for Wednesday. How cool is that? The luck will probably dry up and I will have to painfully search for more participants after this, but am quite happy with having 3 so far. I'm meant to have 2 more, but I'm just waiting to hear back from them about their availability.
I hit the gym yesterday to do Morphosis and Ride, a combo I hadn't done in a while given I was fasting and then I was away. I felt like I needed to do some cardio as I've decided that I'm too fat (or at least big, you can't argue with big). Am annoyed that the longer I stay with the gym and the harder I work out, the heavier I get. It's just so unfair. I find my only comfort in the fact that I've significantly reduced my body fat percentage since I started at the gym a year and a half ago. During Morph, I really went for it. I was jumping like I'd never jumped before, swinging my arms like I had all the energy in the world. I was so pumped up, it was weird. I'm usually more lifeless than that. I was surprised at how much energy I seemed to have, or at least how hard I was working.
I also finished my marking for Consumer Behaviour yesterday, which felt like a great effort but I took less than 2 weeks to mark it all so that was quite surprising. I am back to marking again for Services Marketing but only have 45 to mark, which isn't so bad if I do 10 or so a day. Unfortunately, I am feeling incredibly uninspired and distracted so my marking progress is not really there yet. I'd rather be transcribing than marking. Ho hum...
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday
Labels:
body image,
gym,
research,
teaching
No comments:
Post a Comment