I was at the gym yesterday at lunchtime doing Ride. I really went for it again; I cranked the resistance right up during the climbs, and I pumped my legs as fast as I could during the sprints. Next to me, was a young guy, probably in his early twenties who was reasonably healthy-looking. He was using the bike I normally use ('cos so many of the bikes have problems).
He wasn't sprinting very fast (or at all) while we did sprints. His resistance was so low, he had to turn the knob up several times everytime we did a climb, and then he would turn it right back down when we sat back in our seats (I didn't touch my resistance at all - it was high enough and I didn't turn it back down when we sat back). He would pause and stop to take a break a few times. He was just... weak. I wanted to turn to him and go "SOFT!"
I thought men were supposed to be strong and tough. Not eating my dust in a spin class.
No comments:
Post a Comment