Monday, December 29, 2008

End of year round-up

I'm blogging from an internet cafe in the city because my laptop decided to die and Damien accidentally turned off Joel's computer, which he kindly left on for us to use while he is away. Argh. I can't afford a new laptop :(

I'm finally having my much-desired break but boredom sets in when you have neither access to a computer nor the internet at home.

Two weeks ago
I spent a week at home, practically alone (as Joel stays out late most nights) when Damien was in Singapore and Brunei. It was nice to have some time by myself and I found it incredibly effortless to keep the house in a spotless condition with Damien not around. I spent my days going to work and reading the Twilight books, completely obsessed of course. The week ended with Bernard's Christmas party, which was great! There were only a few of us, but it was just the perfect number of people for us to chill out and get a chance to talk to everybody. There was so much food as everyone was so generous in their contributions.

A week ago
On the Monday before Christmas, I took a train to the airport, which was surprisingly quick and effortless. I had planned on surprising Damien at the airport as he was arriving that day. It was nice to have him back, although I now realise that it's a struggle to keep the house tidy when he's around. At least now we know that the problem is really him and his messy ways... I had to go to uni on the Tuesday as my students had an exam but after that, I was out of there! And hence, the start of my break.

Christmas was spent at the McDonald household, which was great. There was antipasto, turkey, prawns and lots of fruit. Yum... and of course, on Boxing Day Lindsay and I did a spot of shopping and got ourselves some great deals. I continued with the shopping the next day and now have to really restrain myself from falling prey to the sales and discounts. Sigh...

This week
Damien is back at work, poor soul, but QUT is closed until Friday so I get to spend my days at the gym, walking around the shops, and maybe catching up on some cleaning. Am looking forward to New Year's Eve on Wednesday. We're going to the circus!

No comments: