
French was rough this morning. It's usually rough, getting up early on Saturdays anyway, but it's worse when you're a fool who goes out on Friday and drinks too many cocktails. I don't usually have big Friday nights (because I'm boring and irrelevant) but we had our final lecture for consumer behaviour yesterday and had organised for the lecture to be held in the Valley. The content was on age cohorts, so the lecture was to be held at a Gen Y marketing firm with a guest speaker. Myself and another tutor were charged with leading the students to Adelaide Street to catch a bus there from campus. Unfortunately, the moment we left the university, it poured and while some had umbrellas, others like myself were a little unlucky.
We eventually arrived there (albeit wet) and drinks at Bar Soma were organised for after the lecture. Our unit co-ordinator had kindly organised a bar tab for us tutors to share, woo hoo! Unfortunately (or fortunately) the other two tutors left fairly early after having a drink each, leaving poor me to finish up the bar tab all by myself. And that is how I ended up drinking three cocktails and staying until 11pm.
Hence, French this morning was rough, but still enjoyable. I always have such a good time at French class on Saturday mornings. We're five weeks into a ten-week course and they are already sending us information about next semester's classes. I'm considering continuing with the course, but am not sure if I can part with another lump sum of money. It's actually not that expensive if the cost is based on the hourly rate, but the poor PhD student has to think about these things.
I'm leaning towards continuation because I really enjoy challenging myself and making my brain work in a different way. It's incredibly refreshing to be doing something completely different to what I've been doing for the last 3.5 years. They are also starting the classes 30 minutes later next semester so that's a bonus! I still get my sleep-in on Sundays, which is nice and I think I've found a nice routine that really works for me.
Anyway, I still have a few weeks to decide. But I suspect that I already know what my decision is going to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment