Monday, June 15, 2009

Shop 'til you drop

I didn't think I would be so efficient, but I bought my boots over the weekend! I was out and about on Sunday and stopped into Nine West to have a look at their sale offerings when I found a pair of suede ankle boots:

They were fine, but while the girl was getting a size for me, I chanced upon this other pair:

I tried them both on and settled on the leather pair. It cost more than the suede, but I tend to have a preference for leather and at least I won't freak out over ruining them if it rains (I have waterproofer spray but I'll still freak out). I figured the suede pair was a bit too fashion for me and I just do not do fashion well. Lindsay gave her nod of approval for the leather pair, so that was it.

I bought a few other "big-ticket" items this weekend including a suit from Cue which was half off. I needed a suit and have always wanted one from Cue and ended up getting a pin-stripe skirt suit. Although my preference was for a three-piece suit, I decided to forgo the pants because the matching one they had was a high-waisted style, which was horrible and so fashion and of course, I can't do fashion. Lindsay made a comment about how I "probably shouldn't wear pants" which made me want to laugh because I tend to agree. I look so ugly in pants...

I also got a bag from Lululemon at their opening party on Friday, which is great. I've been carrying around what feels like a ton of stuff and my current bag is much too small, especially when I bring a lunchbox to work and some fruit. Everything sticks out and it looks so ugly. The worst is when I go for French classes because I've got to squeeze in my books and pencil case as well. The new bag is great. So spacious and so many compartments!

I managed to pop into Kookai as well during the week when they had a 1-day VIP sale and loaded up on basic tops for winter. I also scored a Morgan & Finch hot water bottle at half price, so now I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night because I'm so cold!

No comments: