I was going to say that I've become a bit of a hermit lately, but I haven't. I've been preoccupied with writing my thesis since I have 4 months left before I'm due to finish (omg!). Being so close to the end, I've had to streamline tasks and really decide what my priorities are. I'd identified thesis, health, and friends as priorities in that order.
I seem to be on track with completing the thesis. I've written the first 3 chapters and have most of the fourth and fifth chapters down as well. I've just had to be a bit of a writing machine. Last week's task was writing Chapter 3 (methodology for my qualitative study) and this week's task is editing Chapter 1 (introduction) and Chapter 2 (literature review) based on supervisor's written feedback. I've let go of a lot of teaching, which is tight financially, especially when I don't get paid half my scholarship because people are too incompetent! But this has freed up so much time and energy, not having to teach and deal with students. I'm down for some lectures, but it is so much less effort and energy, which is wonderful.
I started personal training at the gym and am really trying to get fitness and diet up there. I always tend to believe that we need to take care of ourselves, otherwise we're just useless human beings. Well, what I really mean is that we can't expect to be the best we can be if we're not looking after our well-being.
I've also been busy trying to spend time with friends and doing all sorts of different things on weekends. Having no family and no partner to support me at the end of this thesis process, I've come to really rely on friends for that support and people have been awesome. But apart from support, the idea that my days in Brisbane may be numbered has propelled me into making a greater effort in spending time with people and doing interesting things with them. I think it's good to have a break sometimes to recharge and reconnect with others. It just makes you more productive.
So speaking of breaks, I'm heading to Coolum this weekend. So now I HAVE to finish my chapters by Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment